Table of Contents
- 1 10 Jobs That Are Booming Right Now
- 2 Who’s Hiring Now
- 3 Companies That Are Hiring Now
- 4 Jobs With Immediate Openings
- 5 Registered Nurse
- 6 Delivery Driver
- 7 Restaurant Manager
- 8 Respiratory Therapist
- 9 Fulfillment Center Associate
- 10 Real Estate Agent
- 11 Dental Assistant
- 12 Service Technician
- 13 Online Teacher
- 14 Insurance Agent
- 15 How to Find the Jobs
- 16 Related posts:
10 Jobs That Are Booming Right Now
If you’re looking for work right now, you have a lot of company. Over one million workers filed for unemployment each week from mid-March through late-August 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). During that time period, there were 20 weeks of unemployment claims topping 1 million or more.1 Unemployment has continued to be high since then, with 8.7 million unemployed workers in July 2021.
Who’s Hiring Now
The U.S. Department of Labor reported that the unemployment rate declined to 5.4%, and there were 943,000 job gains in August 2021. Job growth occurred in leisure and hospitality, in local government education, and in professional and business services.
Some of these growing sectors offer high pay to professionals with the right qualifications. Data from Indeed showed that jobs like registered nurse, truck driver, and service technician are booming right now.
See Also :
- Patch to fix update error 80072EFE on Windows 7
- What is Secure DNS and How to Enable it in Google Chrome?
- Best 3 Ways to Convert RTF to PDF
- How to make Google Drive unlimited 2021
- Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows 10? Fix it!
- How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows
- How To Repair Bad Sectors In The Hard Drive
- Find out how to solve Error 1020 Access Denied to put your website back online
- How to Track Any Phone’s Location using a Phone Number
Companies That Are Hiring Now
Here are some companies that are hiring now to fill immediate openings:
- FlexJobs: Top 50 Companies Hiring for Remote Jobs
- Indeed: Companies Hiring Now
- Glassdoor: Top Hiring Surge Companies
- LinkedIn: Who’s Hiring Right Now
- Monster: Companies Now Hiring
Jobs With Immediate Openings
Looking for a new job—or thinking about changing careers entirely? One of these jobs might a good fit. These 10 occupations are hiring right now:
The BLS expects RN job openings to grow 12% between 2018 and 2028.4 And Indeed ranks registered nurse as No. 1 on its list of fastest growing high-paying jobs.
Per the BLS, registered nurses earn a median annual salary of $73,300.
Recent listings for delivery drivers include jobs from employers like UPS, grocery chains, and health care companies, and gigs through on-demand apps like DoorDash.3
According to the BLS, these jobs typically require a high school diploma or equivalent and pay a median annual salary of $32,020.
To excel in this job, you need experience. The BLS says that restaurant managers typically have a high school diploma and several years of food service experience under their belt. Some may have additional training and education from a culinary school, technical institute, or college. The median annual salary for a restaurant manager is $55,320, per the BLS.
Respiratory therapists, who work with patients with breathing difficulties, are another key group on the frontlines of healthcare.
Respiratory therapists’ pay is competitive; their median annual salary is $61,330 per year, according to the BLS. Employment in respiratory therapist jobs is are expected to grow 21% between 2018 and 2028.
Fulfillment Center Associate
With consumers sticking close to home, online orders are booming and retail companies are hiring to meet increased demand. Last year, Amazon advertised for 175,000 full- and part-time positions in their fulfillment centers around the country. Glassdoor reports that fulfillment center associates earn an average annual salary of $35,950.
Real Estate Agent
You might not expect a housing boom right now, but that’s what the data shows. Redfin reports that site traffic is up 40%. according to NPR, while the National Association of Realtors reports that home sales rose 15% from June to July 2020.
Accordingly, Indeed says that job postings for real estate agents are also on the rise—the job title was No. 17 in their list.The BLS estimates that real estate brokers and agents earn a median annual salary of $50,730.
Dental offices are staffing up. Indeed reports a surge of both dental assistant and dental hygienist jobs.But if you’re transitioning to the field, you may be able to land a dental assistant position in less time. In some states, you may even be able to learn on the job. The BLS reports that dental assistants earn a median annual salary of $40,080.
These skilled technicians provide maintenance, repair and customer support services in a variety of industries, including IT, automotive, and appliances. Glassdoor reports that service technicians earn an average annual salary of $37,437.
Many online learning companies are hiring for teachers and tutors. For example, USA Today noted that the online educational company Outschool hired for 5,000 online K-12 teachers earlier this year.
Teaching jobs are growing, reports the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which projects an 11% increase (much faster than average) in the postsecondary field between 2018 and 2028.
The BLS predicts that insurance agent jobs will grow 10% between 2018 and 2028, so it’s no surprise that this job make Indeed’s ranking at No. 12. This job pays a median annual salary of $50,940 and some agencies will hire workers with a high school diploma and train them on the job.
How to Find the Jobs
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s CareerOneStop Employment Recovery Center focuses entirely on post-pandemic job searching. Start here for information on unemployment benefits, job search strategies, and career change tips.
- Glassdoor has a list of the top companies with hiring surges, as well as a list of in-demand job titles you can search for openings in your area.
- Search the top job sites, using keywords for the type of job you’re interested in and your location. Many companies have fast-tracked the hiring process for in-demand positions.
- Check out HelpOneBillion. There are over 500,000 current job openings from companies who want to hire quickly to fill the positions.
- Search social media using hashtags like #hiringnow and #hiring to find immediate openings.
- Consider adding #readytowork to your Indeed Resume to alert employers of your immediate availability.
Source : https://www.thebalancecareers.com