Table of Contents
- 1 Method 1: Run freemethodsjpgformat.reg file
- 2 Method 2: Edit Registry
- 3 Method 3: Adjust image format when saving
- 4 Method 4: Extension to choose image format
- 5 FAQs
4 Solutions to Fix JPG files are Saving as .jfif
In this article, I’ll show you how to correct the error of saving JPEG photographs as JFIF. When I try to download JPEG images, they save in the.jfif format. This is due to an incorrect file association in the registry. So, use the methods listed below to resolve your problem.
See Also :
- Patch to fix update error 80072EFE on Windows 7
- What is Secure DNS and How to Enable it in Google Chrome?
- Best 3 Ways to Convert RTF to PDF
- How to make Google Drive unlimited 2021
- Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows 10? Fix it!
- How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows
- How To Repair Bad Sectors In The Hard Drive
- Find out how to solve Error 1020 Access Denied to put your website back online
Method 1: Run freemethodsjpgformat.reg file
- Download REG file -> Here
- Run the file
- Accept the changes
Method 2: Edit Registry
- Open Registry Editor
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > MIME > Database > Content Type > image/jpeg
- Right click on the Extenstion and click Modify
- Change the value to .jpg and click OK
- Close the Registry
Method 3: Adjust image format when saving
Add the jpg file extension when saving images in the browser. Sometimes we can’t change the extension.
Method 4: Extension to choose image format
- Download the extension -> Here
- Right click on the image you will be able to select the format to save the image.
What is jpg format?
JPEG or JPG is a commonly used method of lossy compression for digital images, particularly for those images produced by digital photography.
What is jfif format or file?
The JPEG File Interchange Format is an image file format standard. It defines supplementary specifications for the container format that contains the image data encoded with the JPEG algorithm.
Why are my JPEG files saving as Jfif?
When you try to download JPEG images, they save in the.jfif format? This is due to an incorrect file association in the registry. There are 4 solution to fix the issue.
How do I fix JPEG download as Jfif?
Here is the fix for jpeg file downloading as .jfif. Follow above 4 solutions to fix it.
Source : https://freemethods.net